[FreeNX-kNX] Problem connecting with nxclient to nxserver [SOLVED]

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 15:21:51 UTC 2010

Op maandag 5 juli 2010 16:27:46 schreef Florian Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> I think the MD5SUM entry is depending on which Linux distribution you are
> using. On RedHat Enterprise 4/5 you find in /usr/bin/nxloadconfig the
> default of:
>
> COMMAND_MD5SUM="openssl md5"
>
> It would like to know what the default in nxloadconfig on your distribution
> is. I gues it will be: /usr/NX/bin/nxloadconfig in OpenSuSE but best is
> that you check with >> which nxagent
> the nxloadconfig should be in the same dir or somewhere nearby.

Both nxagent and nxloadconfig are in /usr/bin/ and indeed nxloadconfig
contains 'COMMAND_MD5SUM="openssl md5"'
The error message I got and why the connection did not work was a bit strange;
it was about a non-existing file or directory
/var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{(STDIN)=} Note the = near the end
where /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{(STDIN)} did exist without the =.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf