[FreeNX-kNX] How to mount a client-side linux folder as a server-side directory

Ronan Fleming ronan.mt.fleming at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:16:59 UTC 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
thankyou for developing and distributing freenx. I have been using the
server successfully on two different machines for nearly a year.

I am trying to mount a local drive on the remote machine which runs
the freenx server. So far, here is what I have tried
1) samba installed on the local machine (Ubuntu 9.04), here is the
entry in /etc/samba/smb.conf, for the directory I wish to mount
remotely,

[downloads]
   comment = Downloads
   read only = no
   path = /home/rfleming/Downloads
   guest ok = no
   browsable = yes
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700

2) nxclient for linux, from nomachine is installed in the local machine,
nxclient for linux Version 3.4.0-5

3) The session is configured to
a) Enable SMB printing and file sharing
b) Resource 'downloads' Mount on '$(SHARES)/downloads'
c) permissions for /home/rfleming/Downloads
drwxrwxrwx  2 rfleming sambashare    4096 2010-07-05 09:48 Downloads

4) freenx is installed in the remote machine (ubuntu 9.10),

nxserver -v
NXSERVER - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.3.0)

5) In /etc/nxserver/node.conf, I have set
SAMBA_MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL="both"

Upon login to the server, the session starts as normal, except for the
NXServer Message

info: Share '//boltzmann/downloads' failed to mount: mount error(13)
Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I notice that a server folder has been created in
/home/rfleming/MyShares/ with the following permissions
drwxr-xr-x  2 rfleming sambashare 4096 2010-07-05 10:54 downloads

However, no files from the local machine are in it. I tried looking
for a solution, but did not find one. I know what to try next, please
could someone advise? Thanks in advance,
Ronan

--
Mr. Ronan MT Fleming B.V.M.S. Dip. Math. Ph.D.
Research Scientist,