[FreeNX-kNX] screen resolution and colour depth

Jeremy Wilkins wjeremy at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 13 16:21:49 UTC 2009

I agree with everyone on this.  I think 8MB video is awfully light for a
video card nowadays even for a thinstation.  Most likely that video will be
somewhat choppy, but it still should work.  8MB should be enough for
1024x768 at 24bit/32bit colour.  I recommend using 24bit colour if you want
good colour resolution.  And if you use the pxe that would operate as your
firmware.  Most likely the pxe image is not autodetecting your video
settings correctly.
No the BIOS is different from your PXE/Firmware image.  The BIOS is locked
in and defines core things like video capabilities and maintains a base
program.  Sometimes I use the word out of context since the technology is
similar.