[FreeNX-kNX] Memory leak in nxcompext Png compression, patch included

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Thu Mar 19 01:35:52 UTC 2009

Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur at gentoo.org> writes:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 07:46:48 +1300, Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz> wrote:
> I've contacted them a few times to report bugs spotted by Gentoo users,
> not directly but via the contact form at:
> http://www.nomachine.com/contactus.php (Developer enquiries option)
>
> I had answers in a few days every timye, and they took care of opening
> a ticket if needed afterwards (easier than refunding the tickets ;) )

Well I just received a very helpful reply concerning my latest patch and
my previous bug report, so they appear to be getting right onto it
now. The Png memory leak should be fixed in next release.

Incidentally, all our nxagent sessions are running much smoother since
applying that patch. The system load and memory usage has dropped
considerably!

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>