[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and softphone

lewis schmidt lewis.schmidt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:04:17 UTC 2009

You made your point.   We agree.  Good luck to you.

Lewis Schmidt 321-276-0718

On Mar 18, 2009 7:55 PM, "Jo-Erlend Schinstad" <joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com>
wrote:

First of all, the quotes should go first. I'll show you.

2009/3/18 lewis schmidt <lewis.schmidt at gmail.com>:

> Nice.  I would love to see a demo of your audio/video conferencing using >
freenx and any document...
Uh.. Huh?

[ Replaced the quotes manually since you didn't bother to.  Please don't
make
me do this again, it's really frustrating, but it's difficult to read
when you just
through statements around ]
I wrote the text below. I've capitalized some words this time in order to
make
every thing clear;

> I'm not sure I understand. Video and audio is NOT synchronized, so
watching
> a video file with speech, will NOT work well. Audio by itself, though,

> should > work nicely, and since this thread deals with VoIP, I think
synchronization > issues with...
> THE REALTIME ISSUE IS IRRELEVANT. FreeNX does NOT sync audio and video in

> any case; encrypted or not.
In my post, I make it absolutely clear that audio/video conferencing,
meaning
that you can hear the sound as the lips are moving,  can never work with
FreeNX as it is today, because audio and video are handled by two completely
different parts of software that doesn't communicate. Your toaster
doesn't handle
bread differently based on what music you're currently listening to.
Computer
programs really doesn't care what you _want_ them to do, only what you
_tell_
them to do.

If I'm misinterpreting your email, please correct me. If audio and video
doesn't
have to be in sync, then I don't understand the problem at all. Audio works?
You can see images on your screen? What's the problem?