[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and softphone

lewis schmidt lewis.schmidt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:47:21 UTC 2009

Nice.  I would love to see a demo of your audio/video conferencing using
freenx and any documentation so I can duplicate your work.  If you can make
it happen I'll be happy to see it in action.

Lewis Schmidt 321-276-0718

On Mar 18, 2009 1:14 PM, "Jo-Erlend Schinstad" <joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com>
wrote:

2009/3/18 lewis schmidt <lewis.schmidt at gmail.com>:

> hmm, well I'd like to hear you all think it works on a lan.  My experience
> with tcp based secure...
I'm not sure I understand. Video and audio is not synchronized, so watching
a video file with speech, will not work well. Audio by itself, though,
should
work nicely, and since this thread deals with VoIP, I think synchronization
issues with audio/video is irrelevant. Why would the audio source have any
impact on the quality, whether it's "recorded" or streamed? You also talk
about tcp-based secure connections in regard to realtime a/v. I strongly
believe that the encryption is irrelevant unless you're on a _very_
slow client.
The realtime issue is irrelevant. FreeNX does not sync audio and video in
any case; encrypted or not.