[FreeNX-kNX] freenx client crashes on starting Matlab

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Tue Mar 17 22:51:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:16:59 +0100
Art <grenander at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running freenx server (0.7.3+teambzr102-0freenxteam1~hardy1) on Ubuntu.
> It works extremely well and has made my life a lot easier.
>
> I have a problem with one application. When I start MATLAB on a session on
> the server machine with a Mac OS NoMachine client, the client dies and every
> time I try to reconnect to the server, it crashes. I assume this has
> something to do with fonts. Matlab does all sort of weird things wherever I
> run it so it could be something else. Was wondering if someone you could
> help. I have Matlab on both machines.

You need to look (or supply the logs), in node.conf:

NX_LOG_LEVEL=5
SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0

Then connect and start matlab, look at the logs, serverside:
/var/log/nxserver.log
~/.nx/<session-id>/session (and error)
look at the client at the same place as the last one above this line (or c:\documents and settings\username\.nx\<session-id>\session/error)

If you can't figure out the error, return here with the logs.

> I was also wondering if I can start one session on this server and have
> several clients view the same session simultaneously.

I think this was discussed at one time, but I don't remember the details - if you think of using NX directly to do this, it doesn't support this at this time, atleast IIRC.

Regards,
Terje