[FreeNX-kNX] Memory leak in nxagent

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 10:52:31 UTC 2009

I am hitting a memory leak in nxagent. Two of our users in particular
trigger it, but I can't figure out what they are doing that causes the
leak.

Over a period of about a week, nxagent grows to over 1 gigabyte of
virtual memory. By comparison, most users are under 200 megabytes and
some are in the range of 300-400 megabytes.

I think some of the other users' nxagents may be growing as well, but
much more slowly.

xrestop shows nothing unusual, and killing nearly all clients has no
effect on the memory usage.

I have a core dump of the nxagent process when it is at 1.1 gigabytes in
size. Any ideas on how to debug this?

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>