[FreeNX-kNX] Mouse issues

Lorenzo Campanelli lorenzocampanelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:27:35 UTC 2009

Hello,
   First time post, so forgive me if I'm repeating an issue, but I've
searched the KB and freenx sites as well.  I've successfully used freenx for
quite some time(~2yrs), but as of recently we've noticed some odd mouse
behavior with a specific application (AFNI <http://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni>):

   - The mouse will skip/jump when moving across windows of this
   application, and then the pointer will only send clicks to the lower-right
   edges of the mouse-pointer-icon, not the top point as usual.

   This is occurring on various freenx servers I have.  They are all running
Xorg, GNOME (does this list only cover KDE?).  One runs CentOS 4.7 and the
other runs CentOS 5.2.  I don't know the exact dependencies of the AFNI
program, but it may be using Java, of which was referenced in a mouse issue
described in this nomachine kb
article<http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR11E01932>.
Any chance Java/node code is to blame here?
     By the way, when nomachine responds to issues like the one above with
"Resolved with node version xxxx", does this mean freenx must slipstream
these patches into its codebase before they're resolved for freenx users?
   Since it's difficult to troubleshoot this without debug/log/output, I
would instead appreciate some advice on where to start troubleshooting Xorg
mouse handling in relation to freenx sessions.  Also, are there any advanced
client settings I should take a look at to help with this?  Thanks!

-Lorenzo