[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Development

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:26:07 UTC 2009

Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:

>      >
>      > I am maintaining a branch on launchpad:
>      >
>     https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~freenx-team/freenx-server/teambzr
>     <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/%7Efreenx-team/freenx-server/teambzr>
>      > I use this branch to maintain the Ubuntu packages. And the
>     patches posted
>      > on the list I push to the branch, if appropriate. So I think it
>     is the most
>      > updated repository.
>      > There are some features like shadowing local X sessions and stubs for
>      > guest sessions.
>
>     Does that mean that console shadowing shouldn't be expected to work in
>     non-ubuntu releases?  Or do you know if the Fedora and CentOS builds
>     include it?
>

> Last time I checked they don't include the patch. It is available at:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~freenx-team/freenx-server/ubuntu/revision/86

Thank you.  This change allowed me to connect to the console X session
from the NX client on a Mac which happened to have a larger screen, but
even though the client was set to use the same display resolution as the
server, the window did not resize to match and manual attempts at
resizing seemed to mismatch pixels making the text difficult to see.
Attempts to connect from windows NX clients with equal or smaller
screens go through the motions up to opening the window, but then
disconnect immediately.  Is another patch needed to pass the server
screen resolution to the client or did I miss a configuration setting on
the client to force it to accept the server's screen size instead of
trying to resize the X session to fit the client as they do with
non-shadowed connections?  (The Mac client is able to resize both it's
own window and non-shadowed sessions on the fly, while the Windows
client seems locked at the size specified at startup).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com