[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Development

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:19:05 UTC 2009

I think we should try keep the sources identical, or almost identical.
So I took a look at your branch and decided to dim the diff.
The diffs seems to be:

  - Install nxredir to $PATH_LIB/freenx-server. Please take a look at
attached nxredir_path.diff
      with this approach you can change the path of nxredir only on
nxloadconfig instead of all
      places. If you agree with it will push to bzr too.

  - Look for nxclient at /usr/bin. Committed to bzr.

  - Disable SSHD_PORT detection. Different approach on bzr (fall back to
port 22 if ssh
      config file is not readable)

  - Disable Xsession bootstrap. Different approach on bzr (configurable on
nxloadconfig,
       disabled by default like previous behavior)

  - Cups/Cifs changes.
       How faster SHARE_FAST_MOUNT is?
       Export cups on samba. Committed to bzr.
       Force shares umount. Committed to bzr. But SMBUMOUNT instead of
            SMBUMOUNT_CIFS keeped.

  - fixkeyboard.
      I don't know about this. Seems it is dependent on user configurations
(.Xkbmap or
      .Xmodmap). I made a patch to nxagent that exports the nxclient
keyboard
      configurations. Maybe it can be useful.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~freenx-team/nx-x11/pkg-nx-x11/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches//93_export_remote_keyboard_config.dpatch

Regards.