[FreeNX-kNX] Fwd: nxproxy usage?

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:23:51 UTC 2009

Seems you are not going to give up. =)

I must say it isn't an easy task. I know because I am writing a new server.
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima/tacix/0.1

Let me try to explain how it should work:
 1 - Create the options and authorization on the server.
 2 - Run NXAgent on the server.
 3 - Pass the authorization and options from the server to the client.
 4 - Create the options of the client.
 5 - Run NXProxy on the client.
 6 - NXProxy should communicate with NXAgent successfuly.
 7 - You have a running session.

The most difficult part is to create the options for NXProxy based on the
information created
for the NXAgent.

So the most important task is to create the communication protocol.
I was thinking in using dbus or soap. But for now I am using the protocol
nxclient/nxserver
uses.

I think the easiest way for you to accomplish what you are trying to do, is
to hack on the
client I am writing and make it compatible with usermode FreeNX. Or use the
tacix server.
 * Usermode FreeNX is the mode Fabian made that you can log in directly into
the
user account and start the session from there.
The client I am writing uses python-paramiko for ssh library, so it provides
support
for ssh-agent and others.

For the client you can take a look at:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~marceloshima/tacix/0.1/annotate/head%3A/tacix/client/TXClient.py