[FreeNX-kNX] Multiple connections to different freenx servicers from NX client possible?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:29:13 UTC 2009

Is there a way to make the freenx server use a different default display
number?    I'd like to have multiple NX displays (to different servers)
connected from a single client but if both are the only connection to
the respective hosts the 2nd will fail with a 'port 11000 in use' error.
  An ugly work-around is to start a connection as a different user from
a different machine to tie up the default display while making the 2nd
connection from the machine where you really want the screen.   I think
the NX server bumps the display number on every connection so you'd get
one failed attempt on a client with a port conflict, then the next
attempt would work.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com