[FreeNX-kNX] keyboard mapping

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 03:30:04 UTC 2009

The problem appeared when xorg started to use evdev rules (used by evdevdriver)
by default.But evdev and xf86 rules (used by kbd driver) aren't compatible.
So the client
sends an evdev keycode but the xfree86 server don't understand.
On nxagent 3.3.0-X (not sure about the version) they created a workaround
that
converts the evdev keycode into a xfree86 keycode. But this workaround is
used
when the parameter "client=linux" is passed to the nxagent and the xorg on
the
client is using evdev rule or using xfree86 rule and evdev layout.

FreeNX from svn doesn't passes the client parameter to nxagent so the
workaround is
never used. Take a look the patch Mario Becroft sent, I am pretty sure I
made it.
If remember correctly the workaround for this problem on the freenx side is
the
"${client:+client=$client,}" part.

For my abnt2 keyboard this workaround don't work for every key. But the not
working ones are not essential.

I hope this helps
Regars
Shima