[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.7.1 shadow performance

Sandeep Khanna sandeep_p_khanna at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 14:33:52 UTC 2009

On Mandriva 2009.0 Linux server machine with FreeNX 0.7.1, I have patched the nxserver to ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING when using the Shadow option. Here are the issues when I connect to the server using a Windows Vista Home Basic client:

	1. The performance on the client machine isn't as good as what I can get out of a x11vnc setup

	2. Unable to see the remote (server) mouse movement on the client.
	3. How do I share this session with more than one client similar to Webex and also have a access password (possibly other than the SSH password)
Sandeep Khanna