[FreeNX-kNX] Setting up chaining with freenx

Edgar Sampson edgar at isoft.co.za
Wed Jul 22 10:43:59 UTC 2009

Good day,

I want to setup chainging on freenx. I have freenx running on two hosts.
I can successfully connect to either host standalone. I then setup
chaining on the one host i.e. nxmain to forward to i.e. nxnode1 by
editing the node.cfg file specifically the following parameters:

ENABLE_SERVER_FORWARD="1"

SERVER_FORWARD_HOST="ip of nxnode1"

SERVER_FORWARD_PORT=22

SERVER_FORWARD_KEY="/etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key"

After restarting nx I get:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 3912

NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command

NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files

NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options

NX> 200 Connected to address: "nxmain-ip" on port: 22

NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx

NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey

Permission denied, please try again.

Permission denied, please try again.

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).

NX> 280 Exiting on signal: 15

I am missing something very simple. Can someone perhaps shed some light
on this matter.

Regards,

Edgar