[FreeNX-kNX] Eclipse team commit results in freezed session

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Sat Jul 11 00:56:10 UTC 2009

David Mohr <damailings at mcbf.net> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> I use eclipse a lot over nx, and a lot of times, but not all the time,
> when I commit using subversion, my session freezes as soon as I get to
> the window where you enter the commit message. I've had this error
> with different eclipse versions, and different subversion providers.
>
> If I disconnect the session, I won't be able to resume it, no matter
> how often I try. I have to terminate the session to be able to connect
> to nx again.
>
> The log files don't seem to indicate anything which I can connect to
> the issue. Has anyone experienced something similar?

That sounds nasty!

If you haven't already done so you should check the nomachine knowledge
base in case this is a known issue.

It sounds like nxagent is hanging. To diagnose this further, you'll need
to build/get hold of a copy of nxagent and the nx libraries with debug
info. Then when it has hung, attach to the nxagent process on the server
host with gdb and get a stack trace. Getting the strace output leading
up to the hang would also be interesting.

At least you can repeat the problem easily--this should make it simple
to debug once you have the right tools.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>