[FreeNX-kNX] ALWAYS connect to same session.

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Fri Jan 30 10:51:41 UTC 2009

Marcelo Boveto Shima <marceloshima at gmail.com> writes:

> What do you mean by different client? Different version? Different OS?
>
> What freenx version are you using?
>
> Maybe, the client don´t gives the necesary resources for resuming the
> session.
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM, *nix <itkejser at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     Hi Marcelo,
>
>     I have just tried enabling the ENABLE_SHOW_RUNNING_SESSIONS="1" setting. It
>     seems to work when connecting from the same client. But when connecting
>     from
>     a different client, this gives me the opportunity to see the session that
>     is
>     running, but not to resume it, this is also true even if the session is
>     disconnected.

I agree, and as far as I know the only reason why the client will not
allow you to resume a listed session is if the colour depth or render
extension on the client host do not match with the server. If you don't
know what colour depth your client host is, you can check with the
xdpyinfo command.

At our site I have standardised everyone on 24-bit colour and this seems
to work out ok for us most of the time, since most systems are capable
of 24-bit colour.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>