[FreeNX-kNX] ADVICE: How to try out FreeNX

Freerk Kalsbeek f.kalsbeek at mindswitch.nl
Thu Jan 22 23:39:07 UTC 2009

Hi John,

I don't no a lot about FreeNX 0.6. Current version is 0.7.3 and (at least on
Ubuntu) it's running out of the box.

What is important is that you use the correct apt repo's to pull the .deb
from.
For Ubuntu create file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freenx.list with contents

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu <releasename> main

For the latest version replace <releasename> with intrepid

Since Ubuntu and Debian are much alike, I expect you can use the intrepid
repo.

Then on apt-get install freenx-server, it should install the latest version
of freenx and needed nx libraries.

If it still fails, I'm happy to help you get things running

Regards,
Freerk