[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent hangs with openoffice.org

Phil Stricker stril at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 20:39:03 UTC 2009

Hi!

Mario could solve the problem to me!
Thank you very much.

I try to explain, what I had to do to apply Marios patch and to create a
new package on CentOS5:

0. Install c++ compiler
    yum install gcc-c++
1. Download nx-src.rpm from CentOS repository.
2. Decompress the src.rpm to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
3. Copy Marios Patch to the same directory
4. Edit nx.spec and add the two lines for the patch...
----------
Source13:       nxfind-provides.sh
Source14:       nxfind-provides-64.sh
Patch0: fork_hang.patch
%prep
%setup -q -T -c %{name}-%{version} -a0 -a1 -a2 -a3 -a4 -a5 -a6 -a7 -a8
-a11 -a12
%patch0
5. Recompile the rpm:
cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
 rpmbuild -ba nx.spec
6. Wait :-)

The rpm is put into /usr/src/redhat/rpms/*architecture*/.

Since I updated nx with the Patch, I did not have any problems
concerning openoffice again.

Thank you Mario.

Phil