[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent hangs with openoffice.org

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Tue Jan 13 19:18:13 UTC 2009

Phil Stricker <stril at gmx.de> writes:

> The problem is hard to catch, because it does just appear after a while.
> I did not find the key that happens when nxagent starts to go on 100%
> cpu load.

Yep--sounds like the same problem we were having.

> At the moment, the test-system with CentOS 5.2 runs, too....
>
> I am using the same versions on CentOS 5.2 and CentOS 5.1. Both times
> with disk cache disabled and enabled.

I recommend for now to keep the disk cache disabled on all clients. (It
is not 100% clear whether this is really the key to the problem, but it
is easier to work with one variable at a time.)

> Openoffice Version: 2.3.0-6.5
> I tried nx version 3.1.0-6, 3.2.0-8 and 3.3.0-3 with the same result.

For now I suggest running the latest versions. As soon as you catch it
again, check that pid thing. Also if possible get the output of
"strace -p <pid of hung nxagent>" (about 30 seconds of output will do).

Are you comfortable with building your own nx libraries and nxagent?

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>