[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Session Monitoring

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Jan 5 23:04:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:38:30 +0000
Matthew Richardson <M.Richardson at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've recently set up a FreeNX pool with load sharing enabled.  The
> system is running very well, but with one caveat, we find it difficult
> to keep track of sessions running around the pool, which user is using
> what sessions etc.
>
> I've looked for monitoring tools specifically designed for FreeNX/NX,
> and while NX Server Manager seems useful, it seems aimed at the
> commercial version of NX.  (we already run general monitoring tools such
> as Ganglia).
>
> Can anyone recommend any tools for monitoring FreeNX pools, or give
> instructions on how to setup NX Server Manager for this task, if possible?

Maybe you could look at the sources from the nxsadmin and see if you can get enough information on how to set up your monitoring?

You can find the most recent version here (atleast to my knowledge): http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/maxt_t/

If you come up with something useful/helpful, I'm quite sure there are others in the same need so please share your finding ;-)

Regards,
Terje