[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot use Windows Desktop

jim.sifferle at tektronix.com jim.sifferle at tektronix.com
Thu Feb 26 22:20:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the Windows Desktop / Terminal Services feature on my systems.  When I connect using FreeNX / Terminal Services, I get logged into the Windows server, then receive an error "The system cannot find the path specified.  This initial program cannot be started: /usr/bin/nxdesktop_helper.  Please consult Help for more information."  This error appears to be coming from the Windows server, and it occurs whether I specify a program to run after login or not.  I get the same error if the NoMachine client is set to Present the Windows Logon screen.  In that case, I get the login screen, successfully login, and then get the error.

All systems run CentOS 5.2, and have FreeNX 0.7.3 and NoMachine client 3.3.0-6 installed.  The FreeNX packages came from the CentOS Extras repo.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Sifferle
Danaher T&M / Tektronix Network Services
Work: 503-627-5364
Mobile: 503-860-5558
Jim.sifferle at tektronix.com<mailto:Jim.sifferle at tektronix.com>