[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Development

Florian Schmidt fschmidt at gmx.at
Fri Feb 20 13:13:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,

currently I can't see any new revisions in the freenx repository for some time now. Is this just based on a current time problem from Fabian, or is there a new repository where the new work is done.

The reason why I ask is that there are currently many patches available on this list from which at least some could be also in the released code.

Is Fabian the only one who could check in code? Also the current setup of the svn is really flat and doesn't enable others to contribute code.

Could there be an open development with more people contributing code with a stable tag which could only be released by Fabian and some coding area where also others contribute?

I think that the freenx project is currently grown-up enough to split the work in different areas on the server side. One possible part could be developing alternative backends for the sessions like a sql lite or mysql db which would also make HA/LoadBalancing Concepts easier.

I would willingly help at developing some parts of freenx during my worktime. I am currently responsible for rolling out/patching freenx as LoginServer at Infineon Technologies.

Cheers,

Dipl.Ing.(FH), Florian, Schmidt

Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH
LSF Mgmt, RD-Linux Admin