[FreeNX-kNX] freenx and X fonts

Anton warm at stack.ru
Sun Feb 8 15:56:25 UTC 2009

Hi.

Here is my solution of several configuration options wich nxclient does not load from config files:

I created custom Unix session wich runs /etc/X11/xinit/xinit-nx.sh

[warm at wrk ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinit-nx.sh
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults
/usr/bin/xset +fp /usr/share/fonts/local/
/usr/bin/setxkbmap -rules evdev -model pc104 -layout us,ru -option "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

/usr/bin/icewm-session
[warm at wrk ~]$

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:02:08 +0600
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz> wrote:

> Anton <warm at stack.ru> writes:
>
> > xlsfonts | grep terminus on freenx session gives nothing, but in the real X-session this command gives a
> > tot of fonts called terminus. I think that nxclient does not look all fontsdir , it looks only some
> > several pathes but where fontpath is configured for the nxclient I don't know.
>
> Did you use xset q to check that nxagent has the right font path? And if
> not xset +fp to add the path where your font is, or alternatively, point
> it at a suitable font server?
>
> --
> Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>

Anton [WARM-RIPE]