[FreeNX-kNX] load balancing question(s)

Clive Eisen clive at hildebrand.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 14:40:43 UTC 2009

> I can't figure out what the problem might be. All systems are
> identical (hardware, software, NX versions, etc), and all of them
> work if i connect directly (after load balancing/forwarding has been
> disabled, of course).
>
> Also (and this is secondary), as I understood the Forwarding part, I
> should be able to connect to one of these (02 and 03) systems, and
> they will forward me back to 01, where i get load balanced, and then
> sent along back to one of them for a "real" session. Is this right,
> or an I mistaken?

You are AIUI mistaken

You can't mix direct and load balanced connections

Always connect to host0

Load balance from there to

host1-hostxxx

At least that's what I do and it works fine - and indeed it breaks if
someone 'nxs' direct to a host.

It may be that host0 can also be in the list - I haven't tried as I
dont want/need that

At least this is my experience.

--
Clive