[FreeNX-kNX] taskset and multi-core

ralf9 ralf.anderson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:16:57 UTC 2009

Has anyone successfully run freenx on multiple cores using taskset?

When running 3D graphics applications, nxagent sometimes consumes 100% of a
cpu on the server. So I'd like to get nxagent running on several cores.

I tried setting USE_PROCESSOR_TASKSET and COMMAND_TASKSET in node.conf, but
it didn't make any difference.  (I did verify that taskset is installed on
the server).

One thing I'm not clear on is whether taskset can distribute a single task
(such as nxagent) over several cores, or whether it simply assigns one task
per core?