[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 19:15:14 UTC 2009

Mario Becroft wrote:
> Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>> Mario Becroft wrote:

>>> I don't use selinux, so I can't answer your other question about
>>> that. As to your new problem, it is not clear. For some reason nxagent
>>> is not starting. Try looking at the session log as suggested in the
>>> nxserver.log output you quoted.
>>>

>> The log you wanted me to check,is it the server or client and what is
>> the path ?
>>

> In the server, in the ~/.nx directory. There will be a session directory
> named C-* and you want to look at the session file. As explained in the
> log output, you may need to tweak node.conf to prevent the session files
> being deleted at the end of the session.

I cannot find session directory and I can't even find a node.conf on the
server, surely there has to be one.
This is just to many problems on trying to get freeNX working, I have
tried for about 3 years , on and off to get freenx to work on a Fedora
box and I can't.
I think I will just go back to Nomachine NX , I never have had any
problems with it right out of the box.
One final question and thanks to all for your help.

WHERE does Nomachine NX keep the users listed on the Server, so as to
prevent it from exceeding two users on a Server.
As a individual I just can't afford to pay those fees Nomachine wants to
exceed the two user limit on the Server, What I use  NX for is friends I
have setup Linux on their home box, if they should have problems I can
get on their box and fix it across the internet. And some of those boxes
exceed that Two user limit for a Family.

Again, Thank all of you for your help.