[FreeNX-kNX] Arch Linux - After reboot have to login 4 times to work ????? (every single time)

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun Dec 6 15:19:58 UTC 2009

yossarianuk <morgancoxuk at gmail.com> wrote on 25/11/2009 18:53:31:

> Hi.
>
> 100% sure it is not fsck'ing ...

I was thinking of a timeout.

In fact I still think it's a timeout, but with nxagent loading its
libraries.

> For a start I can always ssh , it also doesn't matter how long I leave
it -

Try running /usr/bin/nxagent from a ssh session first, then connecting as
a user.

I don't know if Arch bother with the

        /etc/init.d/freenx-server

service, but if they do, you could add the line as below and see if that
fixes it.

It isn't AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT it's the agent failing to do something.
Looks like it can't manage its own libraries properly.

In /etc/init.d/freenx-server add the $PATH_BIN/nxagent as shown below.

. $(PATH=$(cd $(dirname $0) && pwd):$PATH which nxloadconfig) --

case "$1" in
        start)
                [ ! -d "/tmp/.X11-unix" ] && mkdir -m1755 /tmp/.X11-unix/
                $PATH_BIN/nxserver --cleanup
                $PATH_BIN/nxserver --start

                # Run nxagent to pre-load the libraries and avoid timeouts
                $PATH_BIN/nxagent
        ;;
        stop)

> I can leave it hours and the result will be the same - fail 4 times,
then
> success...

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the 4 times. if you try the above it should move
things
forwards tho'

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ