[FreeNX-kNX] Loadbalance allow user select preferred server

Simon Gao Simon.Gao at schrodinger.com
Tue Sep 16 17:02:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just wonder if it's possible to configure FreeNX server to allow users
to select from list of the servers in loadbalance pool with 7.0.3?
Currently to allow a user to directly connect to a server, the user must
first creates a SSH tunnel and sets up port forwarding.  The great
improvement would be to provide such function so we can get rid of SSH
tunnel and make NX connections even easier.

The default node.conf contains following:

# By setting ENABLE_LOADBALANCE="1" you can let users choose their
# preferred host, while being forwarded to another server. Of course
# this is just a preference. The loadbalancing algorithm can completely
# choose to ignore the users choice.

#ENABLE_LOAD_BALANCE_PREFERENCE="0"

However, it does not work for me with different settings.  Anyone has
made this feature working? What's the configuration like?

Simon