[FreeNX-kNX] Problems with 7.0.3 installation on debian

Chris Smith chris at evib.net
Thu Sep 18 13:56:51 UTC 2008

I made up a script from Fabian's "HOWTO MANUALLY INSTALL" to build
from the open source components etc.

When this had completed successfully, I simply tar/gzipped the /usr/NX
directory tree:

tar -czvf freenx-0.7.3.tar.gz /usr/NX

This was useful as I wanted to install FreeNX on a second server
running RHEL5.

My /usr/NX/lib directory looks like this:

  libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8
  libcrypto.so.0.9.8
  libjpeg.so -> libjpeg.so.62.0.0
  libjpeg.so.62 -> libjpeg.so.62.0.0
  libjpeg.so.62.0.0
  libnxredir.so.0
  libpng12.so -> libpng12.so.0
  libpng12.so.0 -> libpng12.so.0.1.2.8
  libpng12.so.0.1.2.8
  libX11.so -> libX11.so.6.2
  libX11.so.6 -> libX11.so.6.2
  libX11.so.6.2
  libXcompext.so -> libXcompext.so.3.2.0
  libXcompext.so.3 -> libXcompext.so.3.2.0
  libXcompext.so.3.2.0
  libXcompshad.so -> libXcompshad.so.3.2.0
  libXcompshad.so.3 -> libXcompshad.so.3.2.0
  libXcompshad.so.3.2.0
  libXcompsh.so -> libXcompsh.so.3.2.0
  libXcompsh.so.3 -> libXcompsh.so.3.2.0
  libXcompsh.so.3.2.0
  libXcomp.so -> libXcomp.so.3.2.0
  libXcomp.so.3 -> libXcomp.so.3.2.0
  libXcomp.so.3.2.0
  libXext.so -> libXext.so.6.4
  libXext.so.6 -> libXext.so.6.4
  libXext.so.6.4
  libXrender.so -> libXrender.so.1.2.2
  libXrender.so.1 -> libXrender.so.1.2.2
  libXrender.so.1.2.2
  libz.so -> libz.so.1.2.3
  libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.3
  libz.so.1.2.3

If yours is the same I can't see why you're getting these error
messages.

Good luck

Chris

On 18 Sep 2008, at 14:10, jhonyl wrote:

> Thanks Chris.
>
> By the way, what do you mean by build/load script? Is it a script of
> the INSTALL file?
> and about the tar ball, is everything only at /usr/NX ?
>
> Does anyone knows about all the warnings that nxsetup --install
> issues?
>
> e.g.
>>> Warning: Invalid value
>>> "APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/NX/lib/libX11.so.6.2:/usr/NX/lib/
>>> libXex
>>> t.so.6.4:/usr/NX/lib/libXcomp.so:/usr/NX/lib/libXcompext.so:/usr/NX/
>>> lib/l