[FreeNX-kNX] Guest logins?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Fri Oct 31 18:11:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:50:24 +0000
"Steven Maddox \(Cyorxamp\)" <s.maddox at cyorxamp.info> wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> Thanks for this...
>
> Now just got to solve how people can be logged into running only
> 'firefox -no-remote' and not anything else when they connect... also if
> you've got say 20 people all auto-connecting as 'test' user... won't I
> need to put something in place to make sure they all get new
> screens/sessions and not try to resume any existing ones?  (don't want
> other guests seeing what a previous guest did).

If you look in the node.conf file, you could e.g. DISABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION="all", this would result in that one can't disconnect a session (remember to disable the corresponding ENABLE_.... settings, as all are enabled by default). If you name the sessions in the clients differently, you should be able to login as the same user, but each in different sessions.

I would also advise you to look at the great addition from Fabian called 'nxacl', this should prove helpful for your purposes.
If you end up using 'nxacl', please share the solutions on the wiki, as Fabian requested as it would be helpful to others.

It would be nice if you keep us updated on your progress, as I think others would like to have a similar setup :-)

Regards,
Terje