[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent occasionally segfaults when resuming session

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 22:45:24 UTC 2008

Occasionally, when I use nxclient to resume a suspended session, nxagent
will crash and I lose my session. (nxclient just says something like
"session startup failed" and next time I login, I get a new session.)

It seems to happen mainly when logging in from host other than the one I
usually use. It happened twice in a row from a particular host, so I may
be able to repeat it.

I have core dumps from three crashes, and just looking at the stack
trace, one of them is in free() and the other two are in
strcasecmp().

This has happened with both the Centos 5.2 version of nxagent and NX
libraries, and the latest binaries from nomachine's web site, running on
x86-64.

I guess I really need to build nxagent on this system with some debug
info enabled so that I can get a better idea of where it is
crashing. But has anyone else noticed a problem like this?

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>