[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + Web Admin Tools

Mirco Piccin pictux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:39:49 UTC 2008

Hi all,
i have a full working FreeNX-0.7.3 installation (works like a charm
also with Thinstation, another superlative tool).

Now i'd like to expand admin/maintenance tools.

So, here some mine considerations:

1 - NX tools:
i see that is available at NX Open Source Component the plugin for
WebCompanion, Server Manager and Web Builder.
(http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php)
I download those packages, to read the license term of those products.

So, i discover that NX No Machine release with GPL2 the following packages:
 - nxproxy
 - nxcomp
 - nxcompext
 - nxssh
 - nxuexec
 - nxspool
 - nxsensor
 - nx-X11
 - nx-X11-compat
 - nxwin
 - nxauth
 - nxagent
 - nxcompshad
 - nxesd
 - nxscripts
 - nxcompsh
 - nxkill
 - nxservice
 - nxbuilder

I assume that the tools WebCompanion, Server Manager and Web Builder
are released with GPL2 license.
And that sounds very good.

Does anyone try to update FreeNX installation with those packages?

I'm going to do the job so any supports/tips will be appreciated!

2 - Web Admin tools
I found out this tool:
http://www.sparkassen-thinclient.de/index.php?id=sparkassenlinuxclient
This tool does not work with FreeNX, but could in conjunction with Thinstation.
I'd like to spend some time also in this, but i'd like to know if
there's some people here available to help with
ideas/code/translation....
Sorry if this is maybe a little OT!!!

Regards!