[FreeNX-kNX] Shadow session crach is client destop size is set to "available area"

Hai Zaar haizaar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 20:18:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Terje Andersen
<terander at guard.zapto.org> wrote:
> lø., 11.10.2008 kl. 18.54 +0200, skrev Hai Zaar:
>> Native NX destop shadowing works great! That's just amazing!
>> However I've found one bug:
>> If in the nxclient (from !machine) I set in General tab Destop to be
>> Shadow and Display to "Available Area" instead of default "as on
>> server",  nxagent exits with the following error:
>>     Error: Aborting session with 'Unrecognized option: -geometry'.
>>
> Is this actually a bug?
> If you want to shadow a session which is 1280x1024 and you choose
> "available area" (which is like 1170x960), it will be impossible
> (without resizing, which I don't think is supported) to shadow this
> session.
1. Actually resizing or more precisely zooming, is supported - I've
shadowed by 1900x1200 session  from laptop with 1024x768 screen and it
worked, but the screen i got was heavily zoomed out, making text
almost unreadable (this was done with "as on server" option).
2. I would expect nxclient to report an error or something (via its
"details" button) - currently nxclient window just disappears several
seconds after you select a session to shadow, and I have to dive to
logs on a server to find out what's happened.

BTW, freenx-server logs are now much more helpful - many thanks!