[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot reconnect to session

Michael Schmarck michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de
Fri Oct 10 06:08:21 UTC 2008

Good Morning!

2008/10/7 Terje Andersen <terander at guard.zapto.org>

> ----- Melding fra michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de ---------
[...]
> > In the log output below, you can find:
> >
> > NX> 596 NX> 596 stderr: /usr/X/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority
> > file
> > /export/home/mike/.nx/C-sys06-1014-4964A3AED3AE97F6DD0931AB76E0F441/authority
> >
> > --> /usr/X/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file [...]
[...]
> I'm not a Solaris user, but a quick search at www.nomachine.com gave me an earlier bug that looks similar: http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR07E01769.
>
> I don't know if it's the same issue that has resurfaced, but maybe do a trouble/bug report to NoMachine could clarify this, and if indeed this is a bug, they will have the needed info to fix it.

Thanks a lot for searching. I now had a look on the bug
report you pointed to. It says:

| NX Server may be not able to found xauth on Solaris O.S.
| NX Server on Solaris O.S. might not be able to find xauth command
even if it is configured correctly in the node.cfg.

I don't think that this is my problem. In the log you could
see, that xauth was found:

--> NX> 596 NX> 596 stderr: /usr/X/bin/xauth:  error [...]

Ie. it used "/usr/X/bin/xauth". That file exists.

Thanks again, though.

Michael