[FreeNX-kNX] nxcl 2.x branch

Sat May 31 14:39:43 UTC 2008

George Wright wrote:

<snip>

> - Remove dependency on nxssh and replace with openssh. Investigate solution
> for Windows.

This change caused me issues when I got a version out of SVN for the 0.9
nxcl library and tried to connect on CentOS using QtNX.

I am not sure exactly what the problem was, however when I took that
change out and used nxssh, everything worked fine.  This was with
nx-3.2.0 and freenx-0.7.2.

I have know idea exactly what caused this problem as I did not
troubleshoot it (I think it had to do with -t ssh options and newer ssh
versions and pseudo-tty allocation), but it seems to me with the
different versions of ssh out there that it would be hard to pass in the
correct switches to login all the time and that the best (non
distro/version specific) way would be to use nxssh.