[FreeNX-kNX] Load balancing / Forwarding based on username

jbd jbdenis at dental-on-line.fr
Wed May 21 06:08:16 UTC 2008

Hi, i've got some questions about load balancing !

Here is my hypothetical setup : a frontend machine with a public and a
private interface. The private interface has access to a bunch of
customer specific machine running freenx located in their office.

I'd like to know if i can use the load balancing facilities to allow the
customer to connect "transparently" to their machine using the frontend
machine IP. I could use some bunch of different port for each customer,
but it is not a scalable solution.

That's a kind of forward capability based on login in fact, not load
balancing =) Is that possible to have a mapping between login and
forward machine ?

Maybe it can be achieve by adding a load balancing algorithm called
"username" which will "balance" the request to the right machine using
some kind of predefined mapping ? (That's easy to say ;))  I don't know
if it is NX of FreeNX related.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the freenx team's work.

Jbd