[FreeNX-kNX] Suspended Session

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Fri May 23 18:17:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 16:41 +0200, Stefan Kohlsmann wrote:

> > Within the ~15 seconds timeframe, my server shows the session as running
> > until
> > it times out, then it's terminated without entering the suspending state.
> >

> Hello Terje, thanks for your Support,
>
> right now, it works...
good news :)

> Why? I dont know :-( !
> I killed the Client (poweroff ...) an after some seconds, the nxserver suspend + kill it.
> Now, I've to debug, what's the different between yesterday and today...

If you find the cause, please share :)

> I restart the whole Server, but is this the solution?

What do you mean? If restarting the server was the solution, or if the
settings you've applied are the solution?
If it was restarting that solved this, it's probably not related to
FreeNX as these settings are applied at _each_ login.

If you mean the latter; it worked right away on my server and was
consistent in the behaviour every time I tried. Hopefully it will in
your environment too :)

I would be interested in hearing how you've configured your FreeNX
servers/network so I could add the solution (and any other setups) to
the docs. Any details, configuration files, etc are most welcome :)

Regards,
Terje