[FreeNX-kNX] [FreeNX-Knx] How to build/install/use freeNX as NON root user?

Javier Vasquez jevv.cr at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:34:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've followed the instructions under the INSTALL file inside
freenx-server-0.7.2, but I had to fake CUPS dependencies because I
have no root access (I'm just building a server to try instead of a
VNC, which I can build/install as NON root with no problem).  Well, I
managed to almost finished everything, except by 2 things:

1)  The dependency on the client.  I went and tried freenx-client-0.9,
but if I recall correctly I couldn't get nxcl on one of the final
stages either...
2)  nxsetup --install

On the nxsetup I faked several things on nxloadconfig to look for
personal directories, and for the cups stuff.  Even for the root
requirement, but inevitable there were actions that required root
privileges...

All I want to do is to setup a server and a client as well (for
dependency as well as just in case), both as NON root.  I haven't
found on the web anything useful for this purpose...  Any instructions
will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

--
Javier