[FreeNX-kNX] Client IP Lookup

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Mon Mar 31 20:17:40 UTC 2008

Is there a way to have FreeNX pass the IP address of the connecting
client to an external script?  I have a complicated setup involving
FreeNX, wine, a custom Database ap in an archaic language and some
virtual printer routing scripts.

The heart of my issue is that my Windows DB app does not play nice with
Wine's print routines so for the time being it is printing to a perl
listener script on the server that then does some translation of the
print job and send it on to a printer at the remote location running the
FreeNX client.  I need to have a "print job receiving daemon" listening
on the client machine so I need for FreeNX to tell my job routing script
what IP address the client has just connected from.  I can't always
count on a specific user to connect for them same IP so handling things
that way isn't an option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brent Davidson