[FreeNX-kNX] remote support using FreeNX ?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 16:19:29 UTC 2008

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to help user's remotely while they're logged in
> to an FreeNX server with the NX client.
> Preferrably I would pick the session from the list and connect to it.
>
> It seems that a 'Shadow' session is what I need but the FreeNX server
> responds that Shadow sessions are not supported.

No, its not yet.

> Is it possible to do this and if so, how ?

You can login as the user and shadow it via VNC.

This works properly since 0.7.2 as nxpasswd is included then into distribution.

For a full scale shadowing that would also allow other users to shadow sessions more work would be needed.

At the moment I don't have any "free" resources free to do that. However if you need it _now_, you could buy some commercial support from me for adding that feature. The alternative is to just wait until it is done :-).

Best Wishes and have a nice day,

Fabian