[FreeNX-kNX] PPC Linux NX Client?

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Mar 13 14:26:05 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Gregory Carter wrote:
> Yeah, you are not going to be using make utils to compile it.
>
> I downloaded it and it appears to be some sort of IDE config.
>
> I instantly thought it was Kdevelop, so I tried loading that up but the
> project file I think is for qmake.

Instructions are in the README for both nxcl and qtnx, with George making a
correction about the use of qmake for qtnx. The previous poster obviously
missed this bit which is needed to generate ./configure and the Makefiles for
nxcl:
	autoreconf -is

> I do not like the fact that it would appear that this client uses closed
> free binaries from nx.

If you're talking about libXcomp, nxssh and nxproxy these are released under
GPL by nomachine. George's README even inclides a link to the sources:
	http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php

> I could be wrong, but although the library is free from NX, you do not
> get the source code.
>
> When we are talking about such basic things as connecting people
> remotely to services, through a computer network, I like to have the
> source code to audit everything.
>
> Since I did not see a source rpm for the nx libs, I didn't bother
> figuring out how to build it.

Source RPMs for nx libs are in the Fedora repositories. Tarballs are at the
nomachine link above.