[FreeNX-kNX] PPC Linux NX Client?

Emmanuel Blindauer freenx at mooby.net
Thu Mar 13 13:59:46 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 13 mars 2008, Gregory Carter a écrit :
> Yeah, you are not going to be using make utils to compile it.
>
> I downloaded it and it appears to be some sort of IDE config.
>
> I instantly thought it was Kdevelop, so I tried loading that up but the
> project file I think is for qmake.
>
> I do not like the fact that it would appear that this client uses closed
> free binaries from nx.
>
> I could be wrong, but although the library is free from NX, you do not
> get the source code.
>
> When we are talking about such basic things as connecting people
> remotely to services, through a computer network, I like to have the
> source code to audit everything.
>
> Since I did not see a source rpm for the nx libs, I didn't bother
> figuring out how to build it.
>
> -gc

Such bashing have nothing to do on a public list, where people are involved
on open source programs:
* NX libs are free and open source
* qtnx is a great nx client, free and opensource.
* freenx is free and opensource.

If you don't understand Georges advices to compile qtnx, if you aren't able
to look the nomachine website to download the sources ( with 2 clicks from
the website), if you can't read the doc, you aren't ready for using open
source programs.

Emmanuel