[FreeNX-kNX] Installing FreeNX the real way

Martijn Evers martijn4evers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:09:06 UTC 2008

hi,

First of all, thanks for FreeNX, I am new to FreeNX and I like it much.
I am not a native speaker (Dutch), so excuse me if i write a bit rubbish :)

I use Debian 4.0 and FreeNX (trunk), I've installed FreeNX the easy way
first:||||
|||See: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-October/006041.html|
And that went fine.

But i don't quite understand "The real way" of installing FreeNX (as
stated in the INSTALL file).
I understand that first the GPL'ed NoMachine components need the be
build, so after
downloading tar'ed source files and apt-get'ing dependencies I had the
following
building blocks:

LIBRARY's:
|nx-X11/lib/X11/libX11.so*
||nx-X11/lib/Xext/libXext.so*
||nx-X11/lib/Xrender/libXrender.so*
||nxcomp/libXcomp.so*
||nxcompext/libXcompext.so*|

BINARIES:
nxproxy/nxproxy

And FreeNX (trunk) files.

However I don't have:
|nx-X11/programs/Xserver/nxagent|
|||nxdesktop/nxdesktop|
|||nxviewer/nxviewer/nxviewer|
|||nxviewer/nxpasswd/nxpasswd|

For nxclient I can use the one from NoMachine or
the one from FreeNX. But where do I get the other files?