[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX+QGIS: reproducible connection shut downs

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Tue Mar 11 03:20:07 UTC 2008

The symptoms of the problem I experienced was just session disconnection
when loading map data.  I can resume the session and the data appears
correctly.  If you are experiencing anything different then it may be a
different problem - probably an nxagent bug.  If the sessions terminates
completely, check if there are any core files produced by nxagent?

Murray

> Hi,
>
> We use NoMachine's 32-bit NX server and have logged a bug about the QGIS
> issue.  It is a bug in nxagent - NoMachine are working on a fix.
>
> Murray
>

> > That should work, try it out.
> >
> > -gc
> >
> > Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> > > Thanks for the suggestion. I don't mind trying anything :).
> > >
> > > I'm currently using the amd64 packages from [1].
> > >
> > > Would replacing them with their 32bit counterparts from the same repo,
> > > but still on the 64bit machine, suffice? This is easily doable. Or do
> > > I have to do setup FreeNX on an entirely 32bit system?
> > >
> > > [1]http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Maciek

Murray Trainer