[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX defaults: Change ENABLE_SAMBA_PRELOAD="1"

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 11 01:09:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am currently thinking if I should make ENABLE_SAMBA_PRELOAD="1" the default.

The advantage is that konqueror or smbclient can be directly used for browsing the local client-side shares.

The disadvantage is that it might be that a local samba server can no longer be accessed via localhost or 127.0.0.1.

However I think that most options are more useful if they can be disabled if they are not needed and not that the user first has to find them, then enable them and then use them.

As most users might not know, which nice things are under the hood of FreeNX.

Is that an acceptable policy? Opinions?

cu

Fabian