[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX+QGIS: reproducible connection shut downs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Mar 10 18:14:33 UTC 2008

Maciej Sieczka pisze:

> Gregory,
>
> I haven't had time to try your suggestion yet. Will let when if I do.

Finally there was time to test today. Bad news - nothing changed.

I purged all NX packages installed from [1] on my Gutsy amd64 box,
fetched their 32bit counterparts from the same site, installed them with
dpkg --force-architecture, reboot, connected from a 32bit box using !M
NX Client 3.1.0-6 with MODEM/ISDN/ADSL or WAN connection instead of LAN,
start QGIS 0.9.2 on the server, set "Fix problems with incorectly filled
polygons", load the problematic Shapefile [2] into QGIS - connection
shut down. Same as I described in my initial email in this thread.

No other programs have ever caused such shutdowns for me and my users
since I've been using NX, ie. about a year now. When the OS on the
server was Ubuntu Dapper amd64 it was the same.

As we use QGIS a lot, this is a big issue for me. Still any ideas welcome!

[1]http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy
[2]http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/vmap0.tar.bz2

Maciek