[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX+QGIS: reproducible connection shut downs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Mar 10 08:23:58 UTC 2008

Murray Trainer pisze:

> We use NoMachine's 32-bit NX server and have logged a bug about the QGIS
> issue.

Hi Murray,

Thanks. Can you give a link to the report?

> It is a bug in nxagent - NoMachine are working on a fix.

I forgot to say one important thing - in order for the connection to get
dropped like I described in my initial email, in QGIS one has to set the
"Settings > Options > Rendering > Fix problems with incorectly filled
polygons".

Otherwise connection is not shut. However, if this setting is not
checked, other tools like "Measure area" or "Measure line", which are
supposed to let you draw a polygon or line on the map canvas, draw
invisible. So I use this "Fix problems with incorectly filled polygons"
as a workaround, yet with some data it leads to connection shutdowns.

Wondering if the 2 issues which I have with NX and QGIS:

1. Connection dropping with particular data if "Fix problems with
incorectly filled polygons" *is* checked in QGIS.

2. Invisible "Measure area" and "Measure line" tools, if "Fix problems
with incorectly filled polygons" is *not* checked.

are by any chance due to QGIS rather than NX. I assume NX is the
culprit, because QGIS does not cause any problems with either setting
when used locally, only via remote NX connection, only other than "LAN".

I hope this email explains remaining bits.

Maciek

P.S.

Gregory,

I haven't had time to try your suggestion yet. Will let when if I do.