[FreeNX-kNX] SuSE10.2, FreeNX vFreeNX-0.7.1-7.1.i586 (Hmm not SOLVED...)

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 16:46:34 UTC 2008

El Martes 04 Marzo 2008, Verner Kjærsgaard escribió:

> Well, I don't undertand it all. The FreeNX-0.7.rpm from the SuSE repo tells
> me that "NX is needed". I find NX from within YaST and install it. Now I
> install FreeNX (the repo 0.7 rpm). I configure and fire up NX. But it seems
> to be the wrong v0.5 GPL version that is running, not the FreeNX0.7 that I
> wish to run.
>
> Eh, I'm doing something really stupid here, it appears to me that no matter
> what I do, I can't run 0.7?
>
> Any hints? Links, how-tos?
Add this repository
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/NX/openSUSE_10.2
and install NX-2.1.0 and FreeNX-0.7.1 from there. Make sure you check the
right version in the right lower pane of yast installer, otherwise you may
end installing the wrong version from the main repository.
OR
Uninstall first both NX and FreeNX, and download and install by hand both
packages from the repository:
rpm -e NX FreeNX
wget
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/NX/openSUSE_10.2/i586/NX-2.1.0-130.1.i586.rpm
wget
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/NX/openSUSE_10.2/i586/FreeNX-0.7.1-6.1.i586.rpm
rpm -ihv NX-*.rpm FreeNX-*.rpm
Once installed, don't forget to initialize FreeNX
nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key
--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)